Nobody likes paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the best company.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to compare rates online.
Quick Car Insurance Quotes
Cutting your car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate forms for every car insurance company. Just one form gets you coverage quotes .
A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical coverages and limits for every company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Ferrari F355 Berlinetta.
Impacting insurance rates for a Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ferrari F355 Berlinetta by repairing your credit.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- How’s your driving record? – Even one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations like lawyers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Other professions such as actors, historians and retirees get better rates for F355 Berlinetta insurance.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers give discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates for F355 Berlinetta insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ferrari could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Buy online or local, you save
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Ferrari F355 Berlinetta insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.