Having to pay for overpriced Volkswagen Golf insurance can empty your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and find the best price available.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Nevertheless, car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Golf coverage depending on your company.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Elements that influence Volkswagen Golf rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Golf by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be on Golf coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen Golf scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Don’t listen to company ads
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you switch your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
That is why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Online plus local equals savings
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Volkswagen Golf insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.