Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Chrysler Imperial insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Chrysler and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly because rates trend upward over time. If you had the best rates on Imperial coverage a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
There are several ways to compare quotes from local car insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive Chrysler Imperial insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will return price quotes from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online requires a trip to the website of each company and request a quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Allstate and GMAC. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Chrysler Imperial. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your premiums.
To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates, click this link.
Why your Chrysler Imperial might be costing you more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Since the Chrysler Imperial is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Please use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Imperial may be wasting your money. Double check that your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Chrysler Imperial by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- More people means more accidents – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do no-fault laws apply in my state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you switch to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside these standards must pay higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Chrysler Imperial insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Cheap Chrysler Imperial insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.