Searching for low-cost Maple Grove car insurance on the web is somewhat difficult for beginners to price shopping online. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how can consumers even start to compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Minnesota give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Low Cost Maple Grove Car Insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find the lowest rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do a different quote for every car insurance company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from USAA, GEICO and Progressive. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in Maple Grove, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Maple Grove. Quoting even small variations in coverages can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best offered rates.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
More information can be found on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website through this link. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.
Also read more on NAIC.org’s Understanding your Policy and this list of insurance agents in Maple Grove, MN.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high prices or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.