Consumers not familiar with price shopping insurance online could find buying the lowest-priced Palm Coast auto insurance to be a formidable task.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Pricing the best coverage in Palm Coast is quite easy. Although Florida car owners must understand the way insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Palm Coast Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies in Florida give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Palm Coast can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Palm Coast, click this link.
You may need specialized coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is Florida a no-fault state?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Additional information can be read on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website located here. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, find disaster information, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Summing up your auto insurance search
Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Palm Coast insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.