Nobody I know likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the best rates possible.
How to Compare Bernalillo Auto Insurance Rates
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes and find the best price. The best way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. A single form compares rates instantly.
- Another way to find lower rates consists of visiting each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, State Farm and Farmers. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in Bernalillo, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare the exact same quote information with each company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Bernalillo. Just a small difference in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will enable you to find better pricing.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some must be asked about before being credited.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Bernalillo may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the New Mexico Insurance Division located here. New Mexico drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, read consumer alerts, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Other useful links include this page for auto insurance prices in New Mexico and this resource to find Bernalillo, NM insurance agents.