If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, it’s easy to be confused by the sheer number of online car insurance companies and websites selling insurance in Jackson.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage occasionally since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best price on your last policy there may be better deals available now. So just ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the quickest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Shopping for the best protection in Jackson is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Wyoming vehicle owners only need to know how to find the lowest price online.
Free Jackson Car Insurance Quotes
Lowering your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company. One quote request will get you price quotes .It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to get quotes online requires a trip to each individual company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from GEICO, 21st Century and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Jackson, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance of a local agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Jackson.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Wyoming, click this link.
Buying car insurance locally
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Jackson.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Jackson who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy!
Shown below are agents in Jackson who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1325 S Us Highway 89 # 113, Jackson, WY 83001 – (307) 733-3813
- Rob Woodson Insurance Svc – 1585 Berger Ln, Jackson, WY 83001 – (307) 734-0923
- Farmers Insurance Group – 1120 Maple Way # 2, Jackson, WY 83001 – (307) 733-6381
- Insurance Education Ctr – 6700 Squaw Creek Rd, Jackson, WY 83001 – (307) 734-7996
- State Farm Insurance – 1010 S Park Loop Rd # 6, Jackson, WY 83001 – (307) 733-9119
For a complete listing of Jackson insurance agents, view this link.
Picking a company requires more thought than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Jackson?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Tips to Get Lower Jackson Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers in Wyoming have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Wyoming provide cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, owns a home, and has excellent credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
More quotes mean more savings
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective car insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Jackson, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Find out more about car insurance
Much more information about car insurance in Wyoming is located on the Wyoming Insurance Department website found here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about a company, and read industry bulletins.
Other related articles: