Consumers who are new to buying insurance online can find shopping for cheap Bartlesville auto insurance is harder than they anticipated.
Finding cheaper auto insurance in Bartlesville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Oklahoma vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare price quotes online.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurers will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Please use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Bartlesville, click here to view.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
For more Oklahoma car insurance information
More information can be found on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website found here. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, download brochures, read industry bulletins, and view a list of available companies.
A tidy conclusion
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Bartlesville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.