Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest price
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best deal six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Buying car insurance in Bogalusa is quite easy. Although Louisiana vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Bogalusa, click here to view.
Bogalusa Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and homemakers pay the least.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It translates into being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Louisiana provide lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More detailed Louisiana car insurance information is located at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Louisiana drivers can discover disciplinary actions, find disaster information, download brochures, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cheap car insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Bogalusa, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.