Beginners to shopping for insurance online will discover purchasing affordable Bixby car insurance quite challenging.
This article will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But Oklahoma car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Oklahoma give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as judges, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and performers receive lower rates.
Where Can I Get Cheap Bixby Car Insurance?
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different in Bixby, Oklahomainsurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. One form submission gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online is going to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Bixby, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples information for each price quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate in Bixby. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The fine print in car insurance ads
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch to their company. How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who do not match these standards must pay more money and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
More information is available on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website located here. Oklahoma drivers can view agent and company licensing information, learn about specific coverages, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Summing up your car insurance search
Cheaper car insurance is available both online in addition to many Bixby insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.