Purchasing the cheapest Muskogee car insurance over the internet is rather challenging for beginners to price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of insurers available, how can consumers possibly compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Locating the lowest cost protection in Muskogee is quite easy. Although Oklahoma consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Muskogee
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find competitive insurance rates is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotes for every car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form will get you rate comparisons instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare Nationwide, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Muskogee, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using identical information for every company. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Muskogee. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that more quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Oklahoma, click here.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. If you have serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
More comparisons equals lower rates
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
More sites with car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma consumers can learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and read consumer alerts.
Other informative sites include this page for car insurance in Oklahoma and CarInsuranceDIY.com.