Saving money on Mobile auto insurance is always challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Consumers have so many choices that it can turn into a lot of work to find the best price in Mobile.
Where Can I Get Cheap Mobile Auto Insurance?
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company. A single form gets you price quotes direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates requires a trip to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Allstate, 21st Century and GMAC. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Mobile, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is driving around to different agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using identical quote information with each company. If your comparisons have different deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Mobile.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
For a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Alabama, click here to view.
More Alabama auto insurance information
Additional auto insurance information is available on the Alabama Department of Insurance website located here. Alabama consumers can read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
Additional helpful sites include Wikipedia and this list of insurance agents in Mobile, AL.