Shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Volvo 760 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volvo and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on 760 insurance last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day talking to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Many of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and every company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose which providers you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits for every company. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best offered rates.
Discounts can save BIG
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance on 760 insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on 760 insurance.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates, click here to view.
Factors influencing Volvo 760 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into prices.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Increase deductibles and save – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on 760 insurance.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Volvo is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- A clean driving record saves money – Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
A tidy conclusion
We just presented some good ideas how to save on Volvo 760 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Cost effective Volvo 760 insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.