Expensive auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to find the most cost effective company.
Buying car insurance in Gainesville is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these techniques. Nevertheless, Georgia vehicle owners must comprehend how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Gainesville, click this link.
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Georgia tend to be less responsible behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Georgia award cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many auto insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
To learn even more about auto insurance
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The following information may also be useful.
Summing up your auto insurance search
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.