Searching for the cheapest Russellville auto insurance on the internet may be somewhat difficult for people who are new to comparing rates online. With dozens of online companies, how can you even start to compare every company to locate the best price?
It is always a good idea to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rates last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Finding the best rates in Russellville is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Nevertheless, Arkansas consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Your location is important – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers regularly have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Car insurance companies in Arkansas generally give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
How to Buy Russellville Auto Insurance Online
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes direct from many companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, Allstate and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Russellville, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using identical coverage limits for every company. If you use mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in Russellville. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Russellville may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Russellville, click here.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can find disaster information, discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable auto insurance is possible online in addition to many Russellville insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.