Expensive car insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
Finding the best rates is quite easy. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Drivers only need to know the best way to shop for car insurance on the web.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a lower price on Chevy SSR insurance is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for every car insurance company. One form submission gets you price quotes from several companies.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates is going to each individual company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you compare different values for each quote it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Chevy SSR.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for SSR insurance with certain companies.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates for SSR insurance.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.