Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies in Blackfoot? You’re not alone. You have so many choices that it can be a lot of work to compare prices.
You have some control over your rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Idaho cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like real estate brokers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Where Can I Get Cheap Blackfoot Car Insurance?
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to spend a little time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits for every quote you compare. If the quotes have differing limits you can’t possibly find the best deal in Blackfoot.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose companies with the best car insurance discounts in Idaho, click this link.
Is my situation unique?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
More detailed Idaho car insurance information can be read at the Idaho Department of Insurance website. Idaho consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and download brochures.
Other informative sites include QuoteClickInsure.com and this resource to find Blackfoot, ID insurance agents.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Budget-conscious car insurance is available on the web in addition to many Blackfoot insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.