Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
There are many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You need to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on XC90 insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some great ways to find affordable auto insurance.
Volvo XC90 rates are in the details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Volvo from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on XC90 insurance.
- High performance equals high price – The type of vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates tend to be for economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Because the Volvo XC90 is considered a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more compared to average rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Don’t miss these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates on XC90 insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Quote often and quote early
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Volvo XC90 insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable Volvo XC90 insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.