No one enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the absolute lowest price
You need to shop coverage around periodically because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Quick Peoria Auto Insurance Quotes
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different in Peoria, AZinsurance companies. The best method to find competitive insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting the website for each individual company and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from GEICO, State Farm and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Peoria, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare the exact same information on every quote. If you compare mixed coverages it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Peoria. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find a better price.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Peoria, click here.
Make smart decisions and save
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit rating is a important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- More claims means more premium – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Arizona provide better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. It translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Arizona?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Arizona consumers can view a list of available companies, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
More effort can pay off
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.