Tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other consumers.
Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to compare prices before your policy renews because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates on 300TE insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Mercedes-Benz 300TE insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. One quote request will return quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, GEICO and Farmers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Mercedes-Benz 300TE. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a better price.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on 300TE insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Mercedes-Benz 300TE insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Careers like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates on 300TE insurance.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Mercedes-Benz from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on 300TE insurance.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies award better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- More people means more accidents – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Mercedes-Benz is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Buy online or local, you save
Low-cost Mercedes-Benz 300TE insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.