Scraping up a payment for overpriced Chevrolet C1500 insurance can dwindle your bank account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
Because you have many choices of insurance companies, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the lowest price car insurance company.
Car Insurance Comparisons
All major car insurance companies provide prices for coverage on their websites. The process is quite easy as you simply type in into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
The easiest way to find cheaper rates requires only one form that analyzes rates from many companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes quoting online a lot less work. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can select any of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
Chevy C1500 insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Chevy C1500 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on C1500 insurance.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates on C1500 insurance.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a rural area can save you money when buying car insurance. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your C1500 policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates on C1500 insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on C1500 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
Do the work, save more money
Cheaper Chevy C1500 insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.