Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other car owners in South Carolina.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
What impacts Easley insurance rates?
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many car insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like lawyers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
More South Carolina car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find disaster information, download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about insurance regulations.
Also read more on this resource for South Carolina car insurance prices and QuoteClickSave.com.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable car insurance can be sourced both online and with local Easley insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.