Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced car insurance? Believe me, you’re not the only one. With so many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to locate the right car insurance company.
It’s important to do rate comparisons on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on 3.2TL coverage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to slash your car insurance rates.
How to Compare Car Insurance
Getting a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to invest a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and State Farm. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using the exact same coverages with every price quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Acura 3.2TL.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on 3.2TL coverage with select insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10% on 3.2TL coverage.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurers who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Factors influencing Acura 3.2TL insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Acura 3.2TL is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. If you have serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Acura 3.2TL is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
More comparisons equals lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Cost effective Acura 3.2TL insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.