Shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Kia Spectra5 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Kia and get the cheapest rates.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Spectra5 coverage last year other companies may now be cheaper. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Kia Spectra5
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Spectra5 policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Kia Spectra5 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations like doctors, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates on Spectra5 coverage.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one moving violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Kia Spectra5 falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don’t list all available discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Spectra5 coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Spectra5 coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy on Spectra5 coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Quote more, save more
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheap Kia Spectra5 insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.