Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Sandy consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite best rates possible.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Sandy, follow this link.
Where Can I Get Cheap Sandy Auto Insurance?
Cutting your auto insurance rates is not rocket science. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. One form will return price quotes direct from many companies.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates requires you to visit the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, State Farm and GEICO. You would have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Sandy, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If you compare different deductibles you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in Sandy.
You have some control over your rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Performance influences rates – The performance level of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Utah award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective auto insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Sandy, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Learn more today
Much more information about auto insurance in Utah is located on the website for the Utah Insurance Department. Click here for link. Consumers can find out industry alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view agent and company licensing information, and file complaints about a company.