Are you tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Oklahoma consumers. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Duncan, OK
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online is going to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Progressive and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Duncan, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical coverage information for every company. If you use higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Duncan.
Smart Consumers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into rates.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Quote often and quote early
Cheaper auto insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Duncan insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed Oklahoma auto insurance information is located at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma drivers can file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, and learn about insurance regulations.