Finding cheaper insurance for your Honda CRX can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a Honda and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding affordable protection is not that difficult. But car owners do need to know how big insurance companies market on the web.
Why your Honda CRX insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Honda CRX by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
In the end, you save
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Honda CRX insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheap Honda CRX insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.